This academic year, we are focusing on healthy and active lifestyles within the school in order to give all children the opportunity to be happy and healthy.
Our aims for this year are:
To embed the 30 active minutes a day and increase the amount of physical activity opportunities available through: structured zones, new playground equipment and daily Go Noodle brain breaks.
To raise the profile of PE and sport as a tool for whole school improvement through: increased physical activity within lessons, active interventions, access to a local field, the use of premier league stars programme, sports crew and sports ambassadors leading sport within school, new kits for representing school at competitions and providing inspiring opportunities e.g. Olympic athletes, player appearances and active days.
To increase the confidence, knowledge and skills of staff through: developing the role of our newly appointed sport coach, utilising the sport partnership coaching programme, support from SSCO within curriculum PE and accessing CPD through FA skills, BFC, sport partnership and other coaches.
To give children a broad range of sports and activities through: utilising our sport coach for extra curricular clubs, continuing to use coaching programme to enhance extra-curricular offer, maintain at least 20 children attending each club, introduction of ‘Children’s University to encourage independent learning, use of BFC and other coaches to provide high-quality physical activity and accessing cycling programmes; including ‘Tots on Tyres’ and Go Peddle Go.
To increase participation in competitive sport through: attending SSP events throughout the year, utilising the newly purchased field to increase the amount of friendly events and matches and the introduction of a termly level 1 competition calendar on the school grounds/ field.
To improve collaboration and growth of local networks through: working alongside SSP, BFC and other agencies to provide opportunties for all; including those gifted and talented in sport.
Successes from previous years
- With help from the PE and Sports Premium funding; we have bought playground equipment/markings to aid the Sports leaders in engaging their peers in physical activity. They have done a fantastic job and were rewarded with a trip to Old Trafford Cricket ground; it was an amazing experience!
- We ran a successful ‘Change Champions’ after school club; which taught the children how to make healthy snacks.
- We purchased ‘Maths of the Day’ which made our lessons fun,engaging and most importantly educational!
- Staff had access to CPD and coaches within their PE lessons.
- We provided the children with a range of after school clubs. By utilising coaches from the Sports Partnership; it gave children opportunities to participate in activities they may not have had the opportunity to beforehand.
- We also attended a range of competitions throughout the year! It’s been a good year for us!
Sports Premium 2019/20
Sports Premium 2018/19
Sports Premium 2017/18
Sports Premium 2016/17